President reiterates nation’s commitment to preserving heritages
Addis Ababa November 28/2016 President Mulatu Teshome has reiterated Ethiopia’s commitment to preserve and protect the nation’s intangible cultural wealth as the eleventh session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage kicked off here on Sunday.
Ethiopia will remain committed to work with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and member states based on mutual understanding and benefit better than ever, the President remarked in his opening speech of the annual event.
Dr. Mulatu said “UNESCO has been our longstanding partner in successfully supporting our effort to protect, develop and register various heritages.”
He requested UNESCO and member states “to keep the existing support more than ever so that we can successfully protect our untouched and precious cultural heritages.”
Ethiopia is home to some of the continent’s world heritages, embracing more than 80 nations, nationalities and peoples with their distinct cultural values and amazing tradition, he noted.
However, as the global cultural influence is going fast along with technology advancement, economic growth and public mobility, most of valuable and ancient cultural values are in danger of extinction, the president cautioned.
Chairperson of the Executive Board of UNESCO, Michael Worbs on his part said the cooperation between UNESCO and Africa is longstanding and fruitful and the UN agency will continue to value that cooperation.
The Chairperson emphasized the need for building strong relations among partners to preserve and protect the heritages from danger.
The intangible cultural heritages must be protected from any crisis, according to Deputy Director-General of UNESCO Getachew Engida, who noted that “together we must remain committed to strengthening such efforts to continue to indentify new ways of confronting situations of emergency.”
Minister of Culture and Tourism, Dr. Hirut Woldemariam on her part said Ethiopia’s revised cultural policy gives due focus to the safeguarding of cultural heritages.
The eleventh session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage will run until 2 December, 2016.
- The Geda Panel discussion held on the 4th anniversary of the Geda system recorded in the world heritage
- በአንኮበር ወረዳ በጎረቤላ ከተማ ተገንብቶ ለተመረቀው የዳግማዊ ምኒልክ መታሰቢያ ሙዚየም የተለያዩ ጥንታዊ ቅርሶች ተበረከቱለት
- ለመዲናችን ልዩ ድምቀት!
- ኢፌዴሪ ባህልና ቱሪዝም ሚኒስቴር ከፍተኛ አመራሮች ከቅርስ ጥናትና ጥበቃ ባለስልጣን ሰራተኞች ጋር ውይይት አደረጉ፡፡
- የሩሲያ ፌደሬሽን ለኢትዮጵያ ስፖርት ኮሚሽን ኮሚሽነር አቶ እርስቱ ይርዳው የዲፕሎማና የሜዳልያ ሽልማት ሰጠች፡፡
- ኢትዮጵያ እና የሩሲያ ፌደሬሽን በባህል፣ በቱሪዝም እና ስፖርት ዘርፍ በጋራ ለመስራት የሚያስችል ውይይት አካሄዱ፡፡
- የኢፌዴሪ የባህልና ቱሪዝም ሚኒስቴር ዶክተር ሂሩት ካሣው ከአዲስ አበባ ከተማ አስተዳደር ም/ከንቲባ ኢንጂነር ታከለ ኡማ ጋር ውይይት አደረጉ፡፡
- ስፖርት ለሰላም! በሚል መሪ ሃሳብ የምክክር መድረክ ተካሄደ፡፡
- ዶክተር ሂሩት ካሳው በኢትዮጵያ የኳታር አምባሳደር ሀማድ አልዶሳሪን በጽ/ቤታቸው ተቀብለው አነጋገሩ፡፡
- የአዲስዓለም አድባራት ወገዳማት ደብረጽዮን ማርያም ሙዚየም በአዲስ መልክ ተደራጅቶ ለጎብኚዎች ክፍት ሆነ፡፡